32. As-Sajda | 30 verses | The Prostration | Meccan
Search | Recitation | Topics | Uthmani Script | Words | Quran Teacher
1. Alif-Lam-Mim. [These letters are one of the miracles of the Qur'an, and none but Allah (Alone) knows their meanings].
2. The revelation of the Book (this Qur'an) in which there is no doubt is from the Lord of the 'Alamin (mankind, jinn and all that exists)!
3. Or say they: "He (Muhammad صلى الله عليه وسلم) has fabricated it?" Nay, it is the truth from your Lord, so that you may warn a people to whom no warner has come before you (O Muhammad صلى الله عليه وسلم): in order that they may be guided.
4. Allah it is He Who has created the heavens and the earth, and all that is between them in six Days. Then He rose over (Istawa ) the Throne (in a manner that suits His Majesty). You (mankind) have none, besides Him, as a Wali (protector or helper) or an intercessor. Will you not then remember (or receive admonition)?
5. He manages and regulates (every) affair from the heavens to the earth; then it (affair) will go up to Him, in one Day, the space whereof is a thousand years of your reckoning (i.e. reckoning of our present world's time).
6. That is He: the All-Knower of the unseen and the seen, the All-Mighty, the Most Merciful.
7. Who made everything He has created good and He began the creation of man from clay.
8. Then He made his offspring from semen of despised water (male and female sexual discharge).
9. Then He fashioned him in due proportion, and breathed into him the soul (created by Allah for that person); and He gave you hearing (ears), sight (eyes) and hearts. Little is the thanks you give!
10. And they say: "When we are (dead and become) lost in the earth, shall we indeed be created anew?" Nay, but they deny the Meeting with their Lord!
11. Say: "The angel of death, who is set over you, will take your souls. Then you shall be brought to your Lord."
12. And if you only could see when the Mujrimun (criminals, disbelievers, polytheists, sinners) shall hang their heads before their Lord (saying): "Our Lord! We have now seen and heard, so send us back (to the world), that we will do righteous good deeds. Verily! We now believe with certainty."
13. And if We had willed, surely We would have given every person his guidance, but the Word from Me took effect (about evil-doers), that I will fill Hell with jinn and mankind together.
14. Then taste you (the torment of the Fire) because of your forgetting the Meeting of this Day of yours. Surely We too will forget you: so taste you the abiding torment for what you used to do.
15. Only those believe in Our Ayat (proofs, evidence, verses, lessons, signs, revelations, etc.), who, when they are reminded of them, fall down prostrate, and glorify the Praises of their Lord, and they are not proud.
16. Their sides forsake their beds, to invoke their Lord in fear and hope, and they spend (in charity in Allah's Cause) out of what We have bestowed on them.
17. No person knows what is kept hidden for them of joy as a reward for what they used to do.
18. Is then he who is a believer like him who is a Fasiq (disbeliever and disobedient to Allah)? Not equal are they.
19. As for those who believe (in the Oneness of Allah - Islamic Monotheism) and do righteous good deeds, for them are Gardens (Paradise) as an entertainment for what they used to do.
20. And as for those who are Fasiqun (disbelievers and disobedient to Allah), their abode will be the Fire, every time they wish to get away therefrom, they will be put back thereto, and it will be said to them: "Taste you the torment of the Fire which you used to deny."
21. And verily, We will make them taste of the near torment (i.e. the torment in the life of this world, i.e. disasters, calamities, etc.) prior to the supreme torment (in the Hereafter), in order that they may (repent and) return (i.e. accept Islam).
22. And who does more wrong than he who is reminded of the Ayat (proofs, evidence, verses, lessons, signs, revelations, etc.) of his Lord, then turns aside therefrom? Verily, We shall exact retribution from the Mujrimun (criminals, disbelievers, polytheists, sinners).
23. And indeed We gave Musa (Moses) the Scripture [the Taurat (Torah)] So be not you in doubt of meeting him [i.e. when you met Musa (Moses) during the night of Al-Isra' and Al-Mi'raj over the heavens]. And We made it [the Taurat (Torah)] a guide to the Children of Israel.
24. And We made from among them (Children of Israel), leaders, giving guidance under Our Command, when they were patient and used to believe with certainty in Our Ayat (proofs, evidence, verses, lessons, signs, revelations, etc.).
25. Verily, your Lord will judge between them, on the Day of Resurrection, concerning that wherein they used to differ.
26. Is it not a guidance for them: how many generations We have destroyed before them in whose dwellings they do walk about? Verily, therein indeed are signs. Would they not then listen?
27. Have they not seen how We drive water to the dry land that has no vegetation, and therewith bring forth crops providing food for their cattle and themselves? Will they not then see?
28. They say: "When will this Fath (Decision) be (between us and you, i.e. the Day of Resurrection), if you are telling the truth?"
29. Say: "On the Day of Al-Fath (Decision), no profit will it be to those who disbelieve if they (then) believe! Nor will they be granted a respite."
30. So turn aside from them (O Muhammad صلى الله عليه وسلم) and await: verily, they (too) are awaiting.
Listen Quran Recitation
|Mishary Rashed al-Efasy
|Prophet's Mosque (4 Reciters)
|Mohammed Siddiq Al Minshawy
|Sodais and Shuraim