34. Saba | 54 verses | Sheba | Meccan
Search | Recitation | Topics | Uthmani Script | Words | Quran Teacher
1. All the praises and thanks be to Allah, to Whom belongs all that is in the heavens and all that is in the earth. His is all the praises and thanks in the Hereafter, and He is the All-Wise, the All-Aware.
2. He knows that which goes into the earth and that which comes forth from it, and that which descends from the heaven and that which ascends to it. And He is the Most Merciful, the Oft-Forgiving.
3. Those who disbelieve say: "The Hour will not come to us." Say: "Yes, by my Lord, the All-Knower of the Unseen, it will come to you; not even the weight of an atom (or a small ant) or less than that or greater escapes His Knowledge in the heavens or in the earth but it is in a Clear Book (Al-Lauh Al-Mahfuz).
4. That He may recompense those who believe (in the Oneness of Allah - Islamic Monotheism) and do righteous good deeds. Those, theirs is forgiveness and Rizq Karim (generous provision, i.e. Paradise).
5. But those who strive against Our Ayat (proofs, evidence, verses, lessons, signs, revelations, etc.) to frustrate them - those, for them will be a severe painful torment.
6. And those who have been given knowledge see that what is revealed to you (O Muhammad صلى الله عليه وسلم) from your Lord is the truth, and that it guides to the Path of the Exalted in Might, Owner of all praise.
7. Those who disbelieve say: "Shall we direct you to a man (Muhammad صلى الله عليه وسلم) who will tell you (that) when you have become fully disintegrated into dust with full dispersion, then you will be created (again) anew?"
8. Has he (Muhammad صلى الله عليه وسلم) invented a lie against Allah, or is there a madness in him? Nay, but those who disbelieve in the Hereafter are (themselves) in a torment, and in far error.
9. See they not what is before them and what is behind them, of the heaven and the earth? If We will, We shall sink the earth with them, or cause a piece of the heaven to fall upon them. Verily, in this is a sign for every slave who turns to Allah in repentance (i.e. the one who believes in the Oneness of Allah and performs deeds of His obedience and always begs His Pardon).
10. And indeed We bestowed grace on Dawud (David) from Us (saying): "O you mountains. Glorify (Allah) with him! And you birds (also)! And We made the iron soft for him."
11. Saying: "Make you perfect coats of mail, and balance well the rings of chain armour, and work you (men) righteousness. Truly, I am All-Seer of what you do."
12. And to Solomon (We subjected) the wind, its morning (stride from sunrise till midnoon) was a month's (journey), and its afternoon (stride from the midday decline of the sun to sunset) was a month's (journey i.e. in one day he could travel two months' (journey). And We caused a fount of (molten) brass to flow for him, and there were jinn that worked in front of him, by the Leave of his Lord. And whosoever of them turned aside from Our Command, We shall cause him to taste of the torment of the blazing Fire.
13. They worked for him as he desired, (making) high rooms, images, basins as large as reservoirs, and (cooking) cauldrons fixed (in their places). "Work you, O family of Dawud (David), with thanks!" But few of My slaves are grateful.
14. Then when We decreed death for him [Sulaiman (Solomon)], nothing informed them (jinn) of his death except a little worm of the earth, which kept (slowly) gnawing away at his stick. So when he fell down, the jinn saw clearly that if they had known the Unseen, they would not have stayed in the humiliating torment.
15. Indeed there was for Saba' (Sheba) a sign in their dwelling-place - two gardens on the right hand and on the left; (and it was said to them:) "Eat of the provision of your Lord, and be grateful to Him." A fair land and an Oft-Forgiving Lord!
16. But they turned away (from the obedience of Allah), so We sent against them Sail Al-'Arim (flood released from the dam), and We converted their two gardens into gardens producing bitter bad fruit, and tamarisks, and some few lote-trees.
17. Like this We requited them because they were ungrateful disbelievers. And never do We requite in such a way except those who are ungrateful (disbelievers).
18. And We placed, between them and the towns which We had blessed, towns easy to be seen, and We made the stages (of journey) between them easy (saying): "Travel in them safely both by night and day."
19. But they said: "Our Lord! Make the stages between our journey longer," and they wronged themselves; so We made them as tales (in the land), and We dispersed them all totally. Verily, in this are indeed signs for every steadfast, grateful (person).
20. And indeed Iblis (Satan) did prove true his thought about them: and they followed him, all except a group of true believers (in the Oneness of Allah).
21. And he (Iblis - Satan) had no authority over them, - except that We might test him who believes in the Hereafter from him who is in doubt about it. And your Lord is a Hafiz (Watchful) over everything. (All-Knower of everything i.e. He keeps record of every person as regards deeds, and then He will reward them accordingly).
22. Say: (O Muhammad صلى الله عليه وسلم to polytheists, pagans) "Call upon those whom you assert (to be associate gods) besides Allah, they possess not even an atom's (or a small ant's) weight either in the heavens or on the earth, nor have they any share in either, nor there is for Him any supporter from among them.
23. Intercession with Him profits not except for him whom He permits. So much so that when fear is banished from their (angels') hearts, they (angels) say: "What is it that your Lord has said?" They say: "The truth. And He is the Most High, the Most Great."
24. Say (O Muhammad صلى الله عليه وسلم to polytheists, pagans) "Who gives you provision from the heavens and the earth?" Say: "Allah. And verily, (either) we or you are rightly guided or in plain error."
25. Say (O Muhammad صلى الله عليه وسلم to polytheists, pagans) "You will not be asked about our sins, nor shall we be asked of what you do."
26. Say: "Our Lord will assemble us all together (on the Day of Resurrection), then He will judge between us with truth. And He is the Just Judge, the All-Knower of the true state of affairs [Tafsir Ibn Kathir]
27. Say (O Muhammad صلى الله عليه وسلم to polytheists and pagans): "Show me those whom you have joined with Him as partners. Nay (there are not at all any partners with Him)! But He is Allah (Alone), the All-Mighty, the All-Wise."
28. And We have not sent you (O Muhammad صلى الله عليه وسلم) except as a giver of glad tidings and a warner to all mankind, but most of men know not.
29. And they say: "When is this promise (i.e. the Day of Resurrection) if you are truthful?"
30. Say (O Muhammad صلى الله عليه وسلم): "The appointment to you is for a Day, which you cannot put back for an hour (or a moment) nor put forward."
31. And those who disbelieve say: "We believe not in this Qur'an nor in that which was before it." But if you could see when the Zalimun (polytheists and wrong-doers) will be made to stand before their Lord, how they will cast the (blaming) word one to another! Those who were deemed weak will say to those who were arrogant: "Had it not been for you, we should certainly have been believers!"
32. And those who were arrogant will say to those who were deemed weak: "Did we keep you back from guidance after it had come to you? Nay, but you were Mujrimun (polytheists, sinners, disbelievers, criminals)."
33. Those who were deemed weak will say to those who were arrogant: "Nay, but it was your plotting by night and day: when you ordered us to disbelieve in Allah and set up rivals to Him!" And each of them (parties) will conceal their own regrets (for disobeying Allah during this worldly life), when they behold the torment. And We shall put iron collars round the necks of those who disbelieved. Are they requited aught except what they used to do?
34. And We did not send a warner to a township but those who were given the worldly wealth and luxuries among them said: "We believe not in the (Message) with which you have been sent."
35. And they say: "We are more in wealth and in children, and we are not going to be punished."
36. Say (O Muhammad صلى الله عليه وسلم): "Verily, my Lord enlarges the provision to whom He wills and restricts, but most men know not."
37. And it is not your wealth, nor your children that bring you nearer to Us (i.e. please Allah), but only he who believes (in the Islamic Monotheism), and does righteous deeds (will please Us); as for such, there will be twofold reward for what they did, and they will reside in the high dwellings (Paradise) in peace and security.
38. And those who strive against Our Ayat (proofs, evidence, verses, lessons, signs, revelations, etc.), to frustrate them, they will be brought to the torment.
39. Say: "Truly, my Lord enlarges the provision for whom He wills of His slaves, and (also) restricts (it) for him, and whatsoever you spend of anything (in Allah's Cause), He will replace it. And He is the Best of providers."
40. And (remember) the Day when He will gather them all together, then He will say to the angels: "Was it you that these people used to worship?"
41. They (the angels) will say: "Glorified be You! You are our Wali (Lord) instead of them. Nay, but they used to worship the jinn; most of them were believers in them."
42. So Today (i.e. the Day of Resurrection), none of you can profit or harm one another. And We shall say to those who did wrong [i.e. worshipped others (like the angels, jinn, prophets, saints, righteous persons) along with Allah]: "Taste the torment of the Fire which you used to belie.
43. And when Our Clear Verses are recited to them, they say: "This (Muhammad صلى الله عليه وسلم) is naught but a man who wishes to hinder you from that which your fathers used to worship." And they say: "This (the Qur'an) is nothing but an invented lie." And those who disbelieve say of the truth when it has come to them (i.e. Prophet Muhammad صلى الله عليه وسلم when Allah sent him as a Messenger with proofs, evidence, verses of this Qur'an, lessons, signs, etc.): "This is nothing but evident magic!"
44. And We had not given them Scriptures which they could study, nor sent to them before you (O Muhammad صلى الله عليه وسلم) any warner (Messenger).
45. And those before them belied; these have not received even a tenth of what We had granted to those (of old); yet they belied My Messengers. Then how (terrible) was My denial (punishment)!
46. Say (to them O Muhammad صلى الله عليه وسلم): "I exhort you to one (thing) only: that you stand up for Allah's sake in pairs and singly, and reflect (within yourselves the life history of the Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم): there is no madness in your companion (Muhammad صلى الله عليه وسلم). He is only a warner to you in face of a severe torment."
47. Say (O Muhammad صلى الله عليه وسلم): "Whatever wage I might have asked of you is yours. My wage is from Allah only, and He is a Witness over all things."
48. Say (O Muhammad صلى الله عليه وسلم): "Verily my Lord sends down (Revelation and makes apparent) the truth (i.e. this Revelation that had come to me), the All-Knower of the Ghaib (Unseen).
49. Say (O Muhammad صلى الله عليه وسلم): "Al-Haqq (the truth i.e. the Qur'an and Allah's Revelation) has come, and Al-Batil [falsehood - Iblis (Satan)] can neither create anything nor resurrect (anything)."
50. Say: "If (even) I go astray, I shall stray only to my own loss. But if I remain guided, it is because of the Revelation of my Lord to me. Truly, He is All-Hearer, Ever Near (to all things)."
51. And if you could but see, when they will be terrified with no escape (for them), and they will be seized from a near place.
52. And they will say (in the Hereafter): "We do believe (now):" but how could they receive (Faith and the acceptance of their repentance by Allah) from a place so far off (i.e. to return to the worldly life again).
53. Indeed they did disbelieve (in the Oneness of Allah, Islam, the Qur'an and Muhammad صلى الله عليه وسلم) before (in this world), and they (used to) conjecture about the Unseen [i.e. the Hereafter, Hell, Paradise, Resurrection and the Promise of Allah (by saying) all that is untrue], from a far place.
54. And a barrier will be set between them and that which they desire [i.e. At-Taubah (turning to Allah in repentance) and the accepting of Faith], as was done in the past with the people of their kind. Verily, they have been in grave doubt.
Listen Quran Recitation
|Mishary Rashed al-Efasy
|Prophet's Mosque (4 Reciters)
|Mohammed Siddiq Al Minshawy
|Sodais and Shuraim