49. Al-Hujuraat | 18 verses | The Inner Apartments | Medinan
Search | Recitation | Topics | Uthmani Script | Words | Quran Teacher
1. O you who believe! Make not (a decision) in advance before Allah and His Messenger (صلى الله عليه وسلم), and fear Allah. Verily! Allah is All-Hearing, All-Knowing.
2. O you who believe! Raise not your voices above the voice of the Prophet (صلى الله عليه وسلم), nor speak aloud to him in talk as you speak aloud to one another, lest your deeds should be rendered fruitless while you perceive not.
3. Verily, those who lower their voices in the presence of Allah's Messenger (صلى الله عليه وسلم), they are the ones whose hearts Allah has tested for piety. For them is forgiveness and a great reward.
4. Verily those who call you from behind the dwellings, most of them have no sense.
5. And if they had patience till you could come out to them, it would have been better for them. And Allah is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.
6. O you who believe! If a Fasiq (liar - evil person) comes to you with any news, verify it, lest you should harm people in ignorance, and afterwards you become regretful for what you have done.
7. And know that among you there is the Messenger of Allah (صلى الله عليه وسلم). If he were to obey you (i.e. follow your opinions and desires) in much of the matter, you would surely be in trouble. But Allah has endeared the Faith to you and has beautified it in your hearts, and has made disbelief, wickedness and disobedience (to Allah and His Messenger صلى الله عليه وسلم) hateful to you. Such are they who are the rightly guided.
8. (This is) a Grace from Allah and His Favour. And Allah is All-Knowing, All-Wise.
9. And if two parties or groups among the believers fall to fighting, then make peace between them both. But if one of them outrages against the other, then fight you (all) against the one that which outrages till it complies with the Command of Allah. Then if it complies, then make reconciliation between them justly, and be equitable. Verily! Allah loves those who are the equitable.
10. The believers are nothing else than brothers (in Islamic religion). So make reconciliation between your brothers, and fear Allah, that you may receive mercy.
11. O you who believe! Let not a group scoff at another group, it may be that the latter are better than the former. Nor let (some) women scoff at other women, it may be that the latter are better than the former. Nor defame one another, nor insult one another by nicknames. How bad is it to insult one's brother after having Faith [i.e. to call your Muslim brother (a faithful believer) as: "O sinner", or "O wicked"]. And whosoever does not repent, then such are indeed Zalimun (wrong-doers, etc.).
12. O you who believe! Avoid much suspicion; indeed some suspicions are sins. And spy not, neither backbite one another. Would one of you like to eat the flesh of his dead brother? You would hate it (so hate backbiting) . And fear Allah. Verily, Allah is the One Who forgives and accepts repentance, Most Merciful.
13. O mankind! We have created you from a male and a female, and made you into nations and tribes, that you may know one another. Verily, the most honourable of you with Allah is that (believer) who has At-Taqwa [i.e. he is one of the Muttaqun (the pious. See V.2:2)]. Verily, Allah is All-Knowing, All-Aware.
14. The bedouins say: "We believe." Say: "You believe not but you only say, 'We have surrendered (in Islam),' for Faith has not yet entered your hearts. But if you obey Allah and His Messenger (صلى الله عليه وسلم), He will not decrease anything in reward for your deeds. Verily, Allah is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful."
15. Only those are the believers who have believed in Allah and His Messenger, and afterward doubt not but strive with their wealth and their lives for the Cause of Allah. Those! They are the truthful.
16. Say: "Will you inform Allah of your religion while Allah knows all that is in the heavens and all that is in the earth, and Allah is All-Aware of everything.
17. They regard as favour to you (O Muhammad صلى الله عليه وسلم) that they have embraced Islam. Say: "Count not your Islam as a favour to me. Nay, but Allah has conferred a favour upon you that He has guided you to the Faith if you indeed are true.
18. Verily, Allah knows the Unseen of the heavens and the earth. And Allah is the All-Seer of what you do.
Listen Quran Recitation
|Mishary Rashed al-Efasy
|Prophet's Mosque (4 Reciters)
|Mohammed Siddiq Al Minshawy
|Sodais and Shuraim