61. As-Saff | 14 verses | The Ranks | Medinan
Search | Recitation | Topics | Uthmani Script | Words | Quran Teacher
1. Whatsoever is in the heavens and whatsoever is on the earth glorifies Allah. And He is the All-Mighty, the All-Wise.
2. O you who believe! Why do you say that which you do not do?
3. Most hateful it is with Allah that you say that which you do not do.
4. Verily, Allah loves those who fight in His Cause in rows (ranks) as if they were a solid structure.
5. And (remember) when Musa (Moses) said to his people: "O my people! Why do you annoy me while you know certainly that I am the Messenger of Allah to you? So when they turned away (from the Path of Allah), Allah turned their hearts away (from the Right Path). And Allah guides not the people who are Fasiqun (the rebellious, the disobedient to Allah).
6. And (remember) when 'Îsa (Jesus), son of Maryam (Mary), said: "O Children of Israel! I am the Messenger of Allah unto you, confirming the Taurat [(Torah) which came] before me, and giving glad tidings of a Messenger to come after me, whose name shall be Ahmad. But when he (Ahmad i.e. Muhammad صلى الله عليه وسلم) came to them with clear proofs, they said: "This is plain magic."
7. And who does more wrong than the one who invents a lie against Allah, while he is being invited to Islam? And Allah guides not the people who are Zalimun (polytheists, wrong-doers and disbelievers) folk.
8. They intend to put out the Light of Allah (i.e. the Religion of Islam, this Qur'an, and the Prophet Muhammad صلى الله عليه وسلم) with their mouths. But Allah will bring His Light to perfection even though the disbelievers hate (it).
9. He it is Who has sent His Messenger (Muhammad صلى الله عليه وسلم) with guidance and the religion of truth (Islamic Monotheism) to make it victorious over all (other) religions even though the Mushrikun (polytheists, pagans, idolaters, and disbelievers in the Oneness of Allah and in His Messenger Muhammad صلى الله عليه وسلم) hate (it).
10. O you who believe! Shall I guide you to a trade that will save you from a painful torment?
11. That you believe in Allah and His Messenger (Muhammad صلى الله عليه وسلم) and that you strive hard and fight in the Cause of Allah with your wealth and your lives: that will be better for you, if you but know!
12. (If you do so) He will forgive you your sins, and admit you into Gardens under which rivers flow, and pleasant dwellings in 'Adn (Eden) Paradise; that is indeed the great success.
13. And also (He will give you) another (blessing) which you love, - help from Allah (against your enemies) and a near victory. And give glad tidings (O Muhammad صلى الله عليه وسلم) to the believers.
14. O you who believe! Be you helpers (in the Cause) of Allah as said 'Îsa (Jesus), son of Maryam (Mary), to the Hawariyyun (the disciples): "Who are my helpers (in the Cause) of Allah?" The Hawariyyun (the disciples) said: "We are Allah's helpers" (i.e. we will strive in His Cause!). Then a group of the Children of Israel believed and a group disbelieved. So We gave power to those who believed against their enemies, and they became the victorious (uppermost).
Listen Quran Recitation
|Mishary Rashed al-Efasy
|Prophet's Mosque (4 Reciters)
|Mohammed Siddiq Al Minshawy
|Sodais and Shuraim