69. Al-Haaqqa | 52 verses | The Reality | Meccan
Search | Recitation | Topics | Uthmani Script | Words | Quran Teacher
1. The Inevitable (i.e. the Day of Resurrection)!
2. What is the Inevitable?
3. And what will make you know what the Inevitable is?
4. Thamud and 'Ad people denied the Qari'ah (the striking Hour of Judgement)!
5. As for Thamud, they were destroyed by the awful cry!
6. And as for 'Ad, they were destroyed by a furious violent wind!
7. Which Allah imposed on them for seven nights and eight days in succession, so that you could see men lying overthrown (destroyed), as if they were hollow trunks of date-palms!
8. Do you see any remnants of them?
9. And Fir'aun (Pharaoh), and those before him, and the cities overthrown [the towns of the people of [Lut (Lot)] committed sin.
10. And they disobeyed their Lord's Messenger, so He seized them with a strong punishment.
11. Verily, when the water rose beyond its limits [Nuh's (Noah) Flood], We carried you (mankind) in the floating [ship that was constructed by Nuh (Noah)]
12. That We might make it (Noah's ship) an admonition for you and that it might be retained by the retaining ears.
13. Then when the Trumpet will be blown with one blowing (the first one).
14. And the earth and the mountains shall be removed from their places, and crushed with a single crushing.
15. Then on that Day shall the (Great) Event befall.
16. And the heaven will be rent asunder, for that Day it (the heaven) will be frail and torn up.
17. And the angels will be on its sides, and eight angels will, that Day, bear the Throne of your Lord above them.
18. That Day shall you be brought to Judgement, not a secret of you will be hidden.
19. Then as for him who will be given his Record in his right hand will say: "Here! read my Record!
20. "Surely, I did believe that I shall meet my Account!"
21. So he shall be in a life, well-pleasing.
22. In a lofty Paradise,
23. The fruits in bunches whereof will be low and near at hand.
24. Eat and drink at ease for that which you have sent on before you in days past!
25. But as for him who will be given his Record in his left hand, will say: "I wish that I had not been given my Record!
26. "And that I had never known how my Account is!
27. "Would that it had been my end (death)!
28. "My wealth has not availed me;
29. "My power (and arguments to defend myself) have gone from me!"
30. (It will be said): "Seize him and fetter him;
31. Then throw him in the blazing Fire.
32. "Then fasten him with a chain whereof the length is seventy cubits!"
33. Verily, he used not to believe in Allah, the Most Great,
34. And urged not on the feeding of Al-Miskin (the poor).
35. So no friend has he here this Day,
36. Nor any food except filth from the washing of wounds.
37. None will eat it except the Khati'un (sinners, disbelievers, polytheists).
38. So I swear by whatsoever you see,
39. And by whatsoever you see not,
40. That this is verily, the word of an honoured Messenger [i.e. Jibril (Gabriel) or Muhammad صلى الله عليه وسلم which he has brought from Allah].
41. It is not the word of a poet: little is that you believe!
42. Nor is it the word of a soothsayer (or a foreteller): little is that you remember!
43. This is the Revelation sent down from the Lord of the 'Alamin (mankind, jinn and all that exists).
44. And if he (Muhammad صلى الله عليه وسلم) had forged a false saying concerning Us (Allah جل جلاله),
45. We surely would have seized him by his right hand (or with power and might),
46. And then We certainly would have cut off his life artery (aorta),
47. And none of you could have withheld Us from (punishing) him.
48. And verily, this (Qur'an) is a Reminder for the Muttaqun (the pious. See V.2:2).
49. And verily, We know that there are some among you that belie (this Qur'an). (Tafsir At-Tabari)
50. And indeed it (this Qur'an) will be an anguish for the disbelievers (on the Day of Resurrection).
51. And verily, it (this Qur'an) is an absolute truth with certainty.
52. So glorify the Name of your Lord, the Most Great.
Listen Quran Recitation
|Mishary Rashed al-Efasy
|Prophet's Mosque (4 Reciters)
|Mohammed Siddiq Al Minshawy
|Sodais and Shuraim