73. Al-Muzzammil | 20 verses | The Enshrouded One | Meccan
Search | Recitation | Topics | Uthmani Script | Words | Quran Teacher
1. O you wrapped in garments (i.e. Prophet Muhammad صلى الله عليه وسلم)!
2. Stand (to pray) all night, except a little -
3. Half of it or a little less than that,
4. Or a little more. And recite the Qur'an (aloud) in a slow, (pleasant tone and) style.
5. Verily, We shall send down to you a weighty Word (i.e. obligations, laws).
6. Verily, the rising by night (for Tahajjud prayer) is very hard and most potent and good for governing oneself, and most suitable for (understanding) the Word (of Allah).
7. Verily, there is for you by day prolonged occupation with ordinary duties.
8. And remember the Name of your Lord and devote yourself to Him with a complete devotion.
9. (He Alone is) the Lord of the east and the west; La ilaha illa Huwa (none has the right to be worshipped but He). So take Him Alone as Wakil (Disposer of your affairs).
10. And be patient (O Muhammad صلى الله عليه وسلم) with what they say, and keep away from them in a good way.
11. And leave Me Alone to deal with the beliers (those who deny My Verses), those who are in possession of good things of life. And give them respite for a little while.
12. Verily, with Us are fetters (to bind them), and a raging Fire.
13. And a food that chokes, and a painful torment.
14. On the Day when the earth and the mountains will be in violent shake, and the mountains will be a heap of sand poured out.
15. Verily, We have sent to you (O men) a Messenger (Muhammad صلى الله عليه وسلم) to be a witness over you, as We did send a Messenger [Musa (Moses)] to Fir'aun (Pharaoh).
16. But Fir'aun (Pharaoh) disobeyed the Messenger [Musa (Moses)]; so We seized him with a severe punishment.
17. Then how can you avoid the punishment, if you disbelieve, on a Day (i.e. the Day of Resurrection) that will make the children grey-headed?
18. Whereon the heaven will be cleft asunder? His Promise is certainly to be accomplished.
19. Verily, this is an admonition: therefore whosoever will, let him take a Path to His Lord!
20. Verily, your Lord knows that you do stand (to pray at night) a little less than two thirds of the night, or half the night, or a third of the night, and also a party of those with you. And Allah measures the night and the day. He knows that you are unable to pray the whole night, so He has turned to you (in mercy). So, recite you of the Qur'an as much as may be easy for you. He knows that there will be some among you sick, others travelling through the land, seeking of Allah's Bounty, yet others fighting in Allah's Cause. So recite as much of the Qur'an as may be easy (for you), and perform As-Salat (Iqamat-as-Salat ) and give Zakat, and lend to Allah a goodly loan. And whatever good you send before you for yourselves (i.e. Nawafil non-obligatory acts of worship: prayers, charity, fasting, Hajj and 'Umrah), you will certainly find it with Allah, better and greater in reward. And seek Forgiveness of Allah. Verily, Allah is Oft-Forgiving, Most-Merciful .
Listen Quran Recitation
|Mishary Rashed al-Efasy
|Prophet's Mosque (4 Reciters)
|Mohammed Siddiq Al Minshawy
|Sodais and Shuraim