78. An-Naba | 40 verses | The Announcement | Meccan
Search | Recitation | Topics | Uthmani Script | Words | Quran Teacher
1. What are they asking (one another) about?
2. About the great news, (i.e. Islamic Monotheism, the Qur'an, which Prophet Muhammad صلى الله عليه وسلم brought and the Day of Resurrection)
3. About which they are in disagreement.
4. Nay, they will come to know!
5. Nay, again, they will come to know!
6. Have We not made the earth as a bed,
7. And the mountains as pegs?
8. And We have created you in pairs (male and female, tall and short, good and bad, etc.).
9. And We have made your sleep as a thing for rest.
10. And We have made the night as a covering (through its darkness),
11. And We have made the day for livelihood.
12. And We have built above you seven strong (heavens),
13. And We have made (therein) a shining lamp (sun).
14. And We have sent down from the rainy clouds abundant water.
15. That We may produce therewith corn and vegetations,
16. And gardens of thick growth.
17. Verily, the Day of Decision is a fixed time,
18. The Day when the Trumpet will be blown, and you shall come forth in crowds (groups after groups). [Tafsir At-Tabari]
19. And the heaven shall be opened, and it will become as gates,
20. And the mountains shall be moved away from their places and they will be as if they were a mirage.
21. Truly, Hell is a place of ambush -
22. A dwelling place for the Taghun (those who transgress the boundary limits set by Allah like polytheists, disbelievers in the Oneness of Allah, hyprocrites, sinners, criminals),
23. They will abide therein for ages.
24. Nothing cool shall they taste therein, nor any drink.
25. Except boiling water, and dirty wound discharges -
26. An exact recompense (according to their evil crimes).
27. For verily, they used not to look for a reckoning.
28. But they belied Our Ayat (proofs, evidence, verses, lessons, signs, revelations, and that which Our Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم brought) completely.
29. And all things We have recorded in a Book.
30. So taste you (the results of your evil actions). No increase shall We give you, except in torment.
31. Verily, for the Muttaqun, there will be a success (Paradise);
32. Gardens and vineyards,
33. And young full-breasted (mature) maidens of equal age,
34. And a full cup (of wine).
35. No Laghw (dirty, false, evil talk) shall they hear therein, nor lying;
36. A reward from your Lord, an ample calculated gift (according to the best of their good deeds),
37. (From) the Lord of the heavens and the earth, and whatsoever is in between them, the Most Gracious, with Whom they cannot dare to speak (on the Day of Resurrection except by His Leave).
38. The Day that Ar-Ruh [Jibril (Gabriel) or another angel] and the angels will stand forth in rows, they will not speak except him whom the Most Gracious (Allah) allows, and he will speak what is right.
39. That is (without doubt) the True Day. So, whosoever wills, let him seek a place with (or a way to) His Lord (by obeying Him in this worldly life)!
40. Verily, We have warned you of a near torment - the Day when man will see that (the deeds) which his hands have sent forth, and the disbeliever will say: "Woe to me! Would that I were dust!"
Listen Quran Recitation
|Mishary Rashed al-Efasy
|Prophet's Mosque (4 Reciters)
|Mohammed Siddiq Al Minshawy
|Sodais and Shuraim