79. An-Naazi'aat | 46 verses | Those who drag forth | Meccan
Search | Recitation | Topics | Uthmani Script | Words | Quran Teacher
1. By those (angels) who pull out (the souls of the disbelievers and the wicked) with great violence.
2. By those (angels) who gently take out (the souls of the believers).
3. And by those that swim along (i.e. angels or planets in their orbits).
4. And by those that press forward as in a race (i.e. the angels or stars or the horses).
5. And by those angels who arrange to do the Commands of their Lord, (so verily, you disbelievers will be called to account).
6. On the Day (when the first blowing of the Trumpet is blown), the earth and the mountains will shake violently (and everybody will die).
7. The second blowing of the Trumpet follows it (and everybody will be resurrected).
8. (Some) hearts that Day will shake with fear and anxiety.
9. Their eyes will be downcast.
10. They say: "Shall we indeed be returned to (our) former state of life?
11. "Even after we are crumbled bones?"
12. They say: "It would in that case, be a return with loss!"
13. But it will be only a single Zajrah [shout (i.e., the second blowing of the Trumpet)], (See Verse 37:19).
14. When behold, they find themselves on the surface of the earth alive after their death,
15. Has there come to you the story of Musa (Moses)?
16. When his Lord called him in the sacred valley of Tuwa,
17. Go to Fir'aun (Pharaoh); verily he has transgressed all bounds (in crimes, sins, polytheism, disbelief).
18. And say to him: "Would you purify yourself (from the sin of disbelief by becoming a believer)?"
19. "And that I guide you to your Lord, so you should fear Him?"
20. Then [Musa (Moses)] showed him the great sign (miracles).
21. But [Fir'aun (Pharaoh)] belied and disobeyed.
22. Then he turned his back, striving (against Allah).
23. Then he gathered (his people) and cried aloud,
24. Saying: "I am your lord, most high."
25. So Allah, seized him with punishment for his last and first transgression. [Tafsir At-Tabari]
26. Verily, in this is an instructive admonition for whosoever fears Allah.
27. Are you more difficult to create or is the heaven that He constructed?
28. He raised its height, and has perfected it.
29. Its night He covers with darkness and its forenoon He brings out (with light)
30. And after that He spread the earth,
31. And brought forth therefrom its water and its pasture.
32. And the mountains He has fixed firmly,
33. (To be) a provision and benefit for you and your cattle.
34. But when there comes the greatest catastrophe (i.e. the Day of Recompense) -
35. The Day when man shall remember what he strove for.
36. And Hell-fire shall be made apparent in full view for (every) one who sees.
37. Then for him who transgressed all bounds, (in disbelief, oppression and evil deeds of disobedience to Allah).
38. And preferred the life of this world (by following his evil desires and lusts),
39. Verily, his abode will be Hell-fire;
40. But as for him who feared standing before his Lord, and restrained himself from impure evil desires and lusts.
41. Verily, Paradise will be his abode.
42. They ask you (O Muhammad صلى الله عليه وسلم) about the Hour - when will be its appointed time?
43. You have no knowledge to say anything about it.
44. To your Lord belongs (the knowledge of) the term thereof?
45. You (O Muhammad صلى الله عليه وسلم) are only a warner for those who fear it,
46. The Day they see it, (it will be) as if they had not tarried (in this world) except an afternoon or a morning.
Listen Quran Recitation
|Mishary Rashed al-Efasy
|Prophet's Mosque (4 Reciters)
|Mohammed Siddiq Al Minshawy
|Sodais and Shuraim