83. Al-Mutaffifin | 36 verses | Defrauding | Meccan
Search | Recitation | Topics | Uthmani Script | Words | Quran Teacher
1. Woe to Al-Mutaffifun (those who give less in measure and weight).
2. Those who, when they have to receive by measure from men, demand full measure,
3. And when they have to give by measure or weight to (other) men, give less than due.
4. Do they not think that they will be resurrected (for reckoning),
5. On a Great Day?
6. The Day when (all) mankind will stand before the Lord of the 'Alamin (mankind, jinn and all that exists)?
7. Nay! Truly, the Record (writing of the deeds) of the Fujjar (disbelievers, polytheists, sinners, evil-doers and the wicked) is (preserved) in Sijjin.
8. And what will make you know what Sijjin is?
9. A Register inscribed.
10. Woe, that Day, to those who deny.
11. Those who deny the Day of Recompense.
12. And none can deny it except every transgressor beyond bounds, (in disbelief, oppression and disobedience to Allah) the sinner!
13. When Our Verses (of the Qur'an) are recited to him he says: "Tales of the ancients!"
14. Nay! But on their hearts is the Ran (covering of sins and evil deeds) which they used to earn.
15. Nay! Surely they (evil-doers) will be veiled from seeing their Lord that Day.
16. Then, verily, they will indeed enter (and taste) the burning flame of Hell.
17. Then, it will be said to them: "This is what you used to deny!"
18. Nay! Verily, the Record (writing of the deeds) of Al-Abrar (the pious believers of Islamic Monotheism) is (preserved) in 'Illiyyun
19. And what will make you know what 'Illiyyun is?
20. A Register inscribed,
21. To which bear witness those nearest (to Allah, i.e. the angels).
22. Verily, Al-Abrar (the pious believers of Islamic Monotheism) will be in Delight (Paradise).
23. On thrones, looking (at all things).
24. You will recognise in their faces the brightness of delight.
25. They will be given to drink of pure sealed wine.
26. The last thereof (that wine) will be the smell of Musk, and for this let (all) those strive who want to strive (i.e. hasten earnestly to the obedience of Allah).
27. It (that wine) will be mixed with Tasnim:
28. A spring whereof drink those nearest to Allah.
29. Verily, (during the worldly life) those who committed crimes used to laugh at those who believed.
30. And, whenever they passed by them, used to wink one to another (in mockery).
31. And when they returned to their own people, they would return jesting;
32. And when they saw them, they said: "Verily these have indeed gone astray!"
33. But they (disbelievers, sinners) had not been sent as watchers over them (the believers).
34. But this Day (the Day of Resurrection) those who believe will laugh at the disbelievers
35. On (high) thrones, looking (at all things).
36. Are not the disbelievers paid (fully) for what they used to do?
Listen Quran Recitation
|Mishary Rashed al-Efasy
|Prophet's Mosque (4 Reciters)
|Mohammed Siddiq Al Minshawy
|Sodais and Shuraim