91. Ash-Shams | 15 verses | The Sun | Meccan
Search | Recitation | Topics | Uthmani Script | Words | Quran Teacher
1. By the sun and its brightness
2. And [by] the moon when it follows it
3. And [by] the day when it displays it
4. And [by] the night when it covers it
5. And [by] the sky and He who constructed it
6. And [by] the earth and He who spread it
7. And [by] the soul and He who proportioned it
8. And inspired it [with discernment of] its wickedness and its righteousness,
9. He has succeeded who purifies it,
10. And he has failed who instills it [with corruption].
11. Thamud denied [their prophet] by reason of their transgression,
12. When the most wretched of them was sent forth.
13. And the messenger of Allah [Salih] said to them, "[Do not harm] the she-camel of Allah or [prevent her from] her drink."
14. But they denied him and hamstrung her. So their Lord brought down upon them destruction for their sin and made it equal [upon all of them].
15. And He does not fear the consequence thereof.
Listen Quran Recitation
|Mishary Rashed al-Efasy
|Prophet's Mosque (4 Reciters)
|Mohammed Siddiq Al Minshawy
|Sodais and Shuraim