96. Al-Alaq | 19 verses | The Clot | Meccan
Search | Recitation | Topics | Uthmani Script | Words | Quran Teacher
1. Read! In the Name of your Lord Who has created (all that exists).
2. He has created man from a clot (a piece of thick coagulated blood).
3. Read! And your Lord is the Most Generous.
4. Who has taught (the writing) by the pen.
5. He has taught man that which he knew not.
6. Nay! Verily, man does transgress (in disbelief and evil deed).
7. Because he considers himself self-sufficient.
8. Surely, unto your Lord is the return.
9. Have you (O Muhammad صلى الله عليه وسلم) seen him (i.e. Abu Jahl) who prevents
10. A slave (Muhammad صلى الله عليه وسلم) when he prays?
11. Tell me if he (Muhammad صلى الله عليه وسلم) is on the guidance (of Allah)
12. Or enjoins piety!
13. Tell me if he (Abu Jahl) denies (the truth, i.e. this Qur'an) and turns away?
14. Knows he not that Allah does see (what he does)?
15. Nay! If he (Abu Jahl) ceases not, We will catch him by the forelock -
16. A lying, sinful forelock!
17. Then let him call upon his council (of helpers).
18. We will call out the guards of Hell (to deal with him)!
19. Nay! (O Muhammad صلى الله عليه وسلم)! Do not obey him (Abu Jahl). Fall prostrate and draw near to Allah!
Listen Quran Recitation
|Mishary Rashed al-Efasy
|Prophet's Mosque (4 Reciters)
|Mohammed Siddiq Al Minshawy
|Sodais and Shuraim